The Mitaka City Volunteer Interpreter/Translator Service Program, conducted by the joint efforts of Mitaka City and the Mitaka International Society for Hospitality (MISHOP), offers volunteer interpreting/translating services for foreign residents who live or go to school in Mitaka City and are having difficulty with procedures at the Municipal Office because they do not speak Japanese, so that they can lead their lives comfortably and without worry as residents of Mitaka City. Services are available in 13 languages, including English and Chinese.
(1) Those who would like to use the Mitaka City Volunteer Interpreter/Translator Service Program (applicant) should apply with MISHOP by telephone or fax.
(2) MISHOP will look for a volunteer based on the language and type of services (subject) needed, and describe the needs of the applicant to the volunteer.
(3) The volunteer will contact the applicant directly. At that time, the applicant and volunteer will confirm the details, such as the type of services (subject) needed, time and location.
(4) The applicant will use the interpreting/translation services on the appointed date.
(1) The services are offered on a volunteer basis. Please refrain from requesting these services for extremely specialized subjects or for objectives other than those originally specified.
(2) Although the volunteer does not charge any fees, the applicant should take care of any expenses incurred, such as transportation, parking and admission.
(3) The interpreting/translation services cannot be used in some cases, depending on the language, hours and location.
(4) Use of these services is not approved for applications that are not in agreement with the objective of this program (such as for individual/business purposes).
Inquiries: MISHOP Tel: 0422-43-7812; Peace, Equal Opportunities for Women and International Issues Subsection, Planning Management Section, Planning Department (ext. 2115)
Hours:Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed:national holidays and during the December29 through January3)
Copyright(C)2009 Mitaka City. All rights reserved.